Wednesday 16 November 2011

Still Alive

I'm still here but I've got my nose to the grindstone, as I research and start writing (soon) an essay for my supervisor for Friday (!).  I'm currently reading an article in Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine from 1819 on a British mission to the Ashantee; I've been reading lots of Charlotte and Branwell Bronte's early writings; and I'm about to start such interesting books as Slavery and the Romantic Imagination and The Rise of the Colonial Novel.  Also, I am slightly saddned to report that having finished Charlotte Bronte's The Professor and Anne's Agnes Grey (which I actually really enjoyed - this novel doesn't always get great reports), I now have no Bronte novels left to be read.  Alas.

However, I still have 4+ volumes of early writings to get through, plus letters, plus poems.  That's something, isn't it?

Once this essay is done, I promise reports on my recent travel and one (possibly two) book review(s).  Also, commentary on British grocery stores, transportation, and weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment